Ilsaw's QG18DE+T Dyno'd

Mine are 8kg.mm front and 6 kg/mm rear. Per BC Racing email.

I have spoke in depth with my R&D department overseas as well as my management here.
These are the only two available options for you:
1. Buying longer shock bodies for the ER setup.
2. You can swap the 8k you have in the front to the rear to get a good idea of how an 8k will sit in the back as it should raise the rear up some since the spring is both longer and stiffer than what is currently there. Since the margin you want to go up is not very much, this could be a viable way to get what you need and limit the cost on you. You will gain 13mm in ride height just from upping the stiffness and also add in the longer length of the spring. In this case if it works out, you would only have to get new swifts for the fronts.

I dont see how the design of the ER damper is any different to a BR, except the addition of the reservoir.
Why does spring length effect the BR ride height, and not the ER?

Fit your old BR springs and it'll be fine. Ditch your 'installer'.

Does the spring length effect the BR's ride height? Is this confirmed? The spring rates on my BR shocks are only 7kg/mm front and 5 kg/mm rear.

8kg 152mm is going to create less piston travel than 160mm 10kg... They have supplied you with the wrong springs.

-phone-

New tyres
DSCN0491.jpg

DSCN0516.jpg

DSCN0519.jpg

Ooo tyre friend!

What others plans you have? looks complete almost :p

Nice to see some aspirational builds still going on albeit not on my favorite N15 chassis

Old coolant reservoir tank on the way out..
DSCN0530.jpg

So replaced it. Price a very reasonable 12 GBP.
DSCN0657.jpg

Apparently lots of N16s here have the same coolant reservoir tank issue and the cracks are always near the same place.

Back
Top Bottom