Matt's GTi

Would if ii could, but it's just annoying. When you wipe it away, it leaves smear marks and i can't stand it, not too mention the droplets of water. :(

i know... it the same with my black one... its realy anoying ...

when i was riding motorbikes in the winter i used to put fairy liquid on the inside of the lense to stop it steaming up...

dont know if that would be any good.

do it when its dry of course... no watter or youl have a bubbly interior :D

Cheers Andy!

More pics, bloody fog all over my car though:(

CleancarbeforeNunny024.jpg

CleancarbeforeNunny028.jpg

CleancarbeforeNunny029.jpg

And on a side note, is there anything i can do to stop the horrendous condensation that is happening inside my car???

Try turning the A/C to recycle before turnig off the engine - sometimes stops the moisture build-up. It could be that you need a new pollen filter, that causes the interior to steam up badly.

Cheers Paul, I'll try that recycle repositioning, I have taken the pollen filters out and they don't seem too bad as that was the first thing i could think of. Think I will try and get my hands on some. And if it still persists then at least I know it's something else.

Put some silica gel sachets in from shoe boxes, that could help dry it out over night. It must be a slight leak somewhere to allow moisture in?

check the boot for any leaks, I found the when washing the car if the hose gets sprayed in the gap around the bootlid water happily forces its way past the seal, this all builds up in the spare wheel well, took me ages to find out why it was happening...

also remove the rubber seal around the boot lid and give it a proper good clean all the way round, do the same underneath the seal aswell, put some rubber protection stuff on it to keep it all nice and supple, it will seal good then..

I will check the seals on sat morning as it'll be too dark the night, but i will have a look in the wheel well. Hope this isn't the case, god knows what else all that water could have damaged

Cheers guys.

if it is in the spare wheel well it cant damage anything really, my autechs one had a good inch of water in it from the seal not doing its job, just whip the carpet up and stick your hand in there see if its wet

as all the condensation is back there I bet thats whats happening :)

Cool, I'll let you know how I get on the night. Going to chuck a few of those sachets in and anbout the car can't do any harm too.;)

Thanks Hopelessness but I've already managed to get hold of aboutt a dozen. They should do the trick. Appreciate it though.

yeah its a waste of time, I got some free with some rain x, the windows still steam up, they just have smears all over them

Back
Top Bottom