Matt's GTi

the black rocker cover has lifted the engine nicely i think. the rear lamps look good too. i member on Sam's old trop they go well with the body kolor

If i have time later i might have a look no promises though.

As promised some clean photo's:

March10048.jpg

March10047.jpg

March10044.jpg

March10043.jpg

March10041.jpg

March10040.jpg

March10039.jpg

March10037.jpg

March10035.jpg

Shame about the touch of orange peel on the Nearside Door, maybe wet sand it one day. Sorry for all the photo's :)

Looks good!, has it been clayed/polished??.. what wax/sealent you using.

Not been clayed yet! This time I used AG SRP and sealed it with Collinite 476s, but the 476s isn't performing as i'd like so I'm going to be geting some new stuff soon;)

Just trying to get an idea of what products are giving what finish on this car just now so that it give me a base to know what to use for other peoples ;) So mine is being a bit of a guinea pig lol

it is a really difficult colour for products to improve I found, out of the selection I used.

did get some pretty good gloss on it though : )

P1040384.jpg

P1040380.jpg

P1040381.jpg

P1040386.jpg

Yeah it is a nightmare colour, should get some good tips next week when meeting a few professional detailers ;)

I'm Happy with what i have achieved so far without claying or machine polishing.

Yeah david i knew i'd not done it but plan on taking the wheels off during the week to do the inside of them so will do it when they go back on ;)

Very sexy motor. Them rear lights everyone has are 100000x better than the UK ph2 lights. Why on earth the UK version didn't get them.

I do like them but i don't dislike the phase 2's. Nice to have options to choose from so will probably swap back and forth. lol

Not sure if this will interest anyone but this is my collection of cleaning stuff I have acquired, but haven't got near half of the stuff i want/need.

I was just sorting it out as I'm going to be starting to Valet a few cars soon.

March10CleaningStuff1.jpg

March10CleaningStuff2.jpg

Still got to get Dodo Juice shampoo, Dodo juice Wax and maybe a Swissvax wax if i'm feeling flush.

Oh and need some clay and Detailing spray, oh the list is endless lol.

Not just the Gti in my case any car. I love it, Going to start doing it at evenings and weekends. It's becoming more of an obsession now as i just keep buying stuff to try out, lol. need glass cleaning stuff too.

Detailed the arches the other day too.

Well it's taken me the last two months to collect that stuff, It's just trying to gauge what stuff i want to use on my own car mixed with what is cost effective for customers cars and easy to use too.

That zymol stuff looks lovely but the Swissvax is expensive enough for me.

Oh got to try and save for a van now too to put it all in.

Back
Top Bottom