Mo's Trop Green GTi

Hey All,

Been a member on here since 2008, sold my last GTI in 2010/2011 time and it was the worst mistake ever!

I have been keeping an eye on here for a while waiting for the right car to come up, so I picked myself up a wee cracker at the weekend :D I am sure you guys will recognise her :D

Got a few plans for her but here is the SPEC as I got her:

D2 coilovers on rears, Diyamas on front
Manifold
Jan Speed Catback
Uprated Osram nightbreakers bulbs
Recently replaced battery
Brand new Bosch front wipers
200sx interior (only front seats fitted)
Powdercoated alloys and Nueton NT5000's
VZR rears
Uprated speakers
Blaupunkt Autoradio Cupertino 220 headunit
Genuine OEM Almera mats
Rear poly engine mount

Spares that came with the car

VZR grill in black
GTi front bumper
SRi splitter
Original front seats

I am on the look out for a 2/3 slat grill, a short shifter, Either a BMC CDA induction kit or a Blitz one. Ideally one that fits straight to the MAF. Maybe even a HKS filter but not a big fan of those.

Also looking for JDM AUTECH BULGE ORANGE INDICATORS ( I may be waiting a while for those )

Cruden Bay 1.jpeg

Cruden Bay 2.jpeg

Cruden Bay 3.jpeg

Cruden Bay 4.jpeg

Cheers

Mo

Last edited:
Its getting around.

For a short shifter just knock the pivot ball up the shaft a little, that reduces the throw.

Still looks good.

The catback is stock though, unless Chris changed it.

Front coil overs are Diyamas and rears are D2's

Cheers,

He said it was a Jan speed, will need to see if he changed it.

Going to wait until summer to work on the rust as the arches are starting to bubble and the boot lid has a rust patch.

Got to look at the brakes at some point as they are squeeking a bit but I think thats cos its been sitting for a month so going to check and give them a sand down or change them. Strangest thing was they were fine until I got home and cleaned the car and then drove away and squeek squeek!

Over all though SUPER happy with the car!! :D

If you guys have any info that you can share with me feel free, I have searched the forum and found lots of history on her but every little helps. :D

Cheers

Sam from what I can see you did a really good job getting it back to the way it was after the accident. It was the orange indicators on yours that is making me want to put them back on.

I had this car for about a year and then sold it to Chris.

I did a lot to it just tidying and maintenance. It had a full service including gearbox oil, not long before I sold it to Chris. I used it daily for almost a year and it went straight through the last 2 MOT's. I fitted new front discs and pads and cleaned + greased the front calipers. I never touched the rears although I think it needed discs on the back when I sold it.

The exhaust was a standard catback which I had the tailpipe swapped for a 3" pipe. The manifold is an eBay special that raceworx had fettled.

I have always said that car was the best GTi I have driven. Even with lowering springs it handled brilliantly, with the coilovers it was even better.

Would love to see the rust fixed and everything sorted.

Cheers lads,

Yeah it handles well like! I had it on a 700 mile run this weekend and not one issue!! :D I think it is the rear's that are making the noise( rear passenger side)

Yeah once the weather is better up here the plan is to do the arches and boot lid and the littie bit on the bonnet at the front, after that I might try and tackle the seat belt mounts but they are not bad yet but the sooner I catch it the better.

I love the grunt from it just now! Fastest GTi I have had! :D :D

Plan is to get a CDA induction kit as I had one on my last GTi and I really liked it. Not sure where to get one though as I baught my last one off Andy_S.

Good solid buy this, I like it. Great to see another GTI still about from when I joined back in the day.

See sooo many post about returning members, I can't bring myself to break our love which will be 7 years in Nov

Good to see in enthusiastic hands. Didn't get a chance to take it out when Chris had it but it looked and sounded like a good-un.

Welcome back.

I love it, but then it is my cars twin. Where abouts in Aberdeen are you?

I have a 2 slat grille in trop green which is currently on my car but I'm thinking about changing again. Could swap for that VZR one you have if you like?

983681_10151643294233256_192476415_n.jpg

Good solid buy this, I like it. Great to see another GTI still about from when I joined back in the day.

See sooo many post about returning members, I can't bring myself to break our love which will be 7 years in Nov
That's commitment right there! :) it's good to be back driving an almera again ! Missed it so much!!

Nice buy bud :) look forward to seeing it at JAE ;) haha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

JAE would be decent!

I love it, but then it is my cars twin. Where abouts in Aberdeen are you?

I have a 2 slat grille in trop green which is currently on my car but I'm thinking about changing again. Could swap for that VZR one you have if you like?

983681_10151643294233256_192476415_n.jpg
nicee! In the town centre. I don't know if I want to get rid of the VZR grill just now :confused: Not tried it on yet as it needs painting.

Any one got a photo of a tropical with a VZR grill colour coded and also one in black? Or can someone do a photoshop please :)?

Update on Rear brakes.

Took the car to a mates today so we could work on the car.

After arriving there I see the back wheel covered orange dust. So ... Took off the rear passenger side wheel and I see 1 brake pad that looks to have enough on it not to be causing the problem. So I take off the calliper and the other one is gone, down to the metal. Back of the disc isn't looking great either.

So car is getting new discs and pads. I can get pads tomorrow but need to check if discs are in stock so I can get it fitted tomorrow. I never checked the other side after seeing the first one and tbh there was no dust on the other wheel. So will hopefully get them both changed tomorrow.

Mo

Back
Top Bottom