N15 GTi Track Car

Jammy gits... I had to buy new front and rears for my bc's as they are different. Can't remember which way round but definitely one is longer than the other.

My BCs were all 200mm. My Meisters though are 180mm front, 200mm rear.

-phone-

Update time.

I did this:

Put it in here ( yes the same famous shed that witnessed the DE rebuild ):

To put this monster in:

Cusco RS plate diff. Set to 1 way, 60%. It was 2 way, 100%. The RS version is better suited to track, is smoother/quieter & is maintenance free.
While its all out....new boots for the shafts, ball joints, sub-frame collars and front wheel bearings.

Just split the case.

More styling and weight reduction updates to come.

Last edited:
Was it hard to change the settings of the diff?

Whats the benefit of 1 way 60pc over 2 way 100.

It will be awesome to drive id say :D.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Before I reconfigured it, it was set to 100% lock and 1-Way not 2 way.

Its easy enough to do and if people stopped to read the instructions before fitting them they would realise what needs to be done ;) they then wouldnt get the bad reputation they have.

Here is a Cusco RS set to 60% lock 1Way, carrying out the break in figure of 8's

Its fairly straight forward to change the settings ( especially when someone else does it for you ;) ) There's plenty of guides online.
1 way only locks the wheels when on the throttle, 2 way also when off the throttle. 1.5 way is somewhere between the two. The % is the amount of lock.
The correct setting depends on the driven wheels, and driving style. 2 way/100% would have been a complete dog to drive. More isn't always better.

2 way in a fwd car would be for a rally car on gravel, would be horrible on the road.

1.5way means it locks fully on acceleration and half on decelleration.

1 way is the best setup for a fast road/track fwd car.

I dont even notice the one in my car and Ive been daily driving it for the last couple of months now, get the odd pull on the wheel when its cold, but nothing like when it was set to 100%

Its when you are pressing on you really feel it, its going to transform the car Ian :p will probably make it feel slower though haha

Back
Top Bottom