Pimp Member

You modified the rocker arms to run two slotted shims but are you going to alter them so gap between the rocker and shim are within spec?

You modified the rocker arms to run two slotted shims but are you going to alter them so gap between the rocker and shim are within spec?

gap between the rocker and shim? the rocker sits on the shim. the hydraulic lifters sort the cam lash out the only thing you need to measure is the shim heights are identical across the rockers

gap between the rocker and shim? the rocker sits on the shim. the hydraulic lifters sort the cam lash out the only thing you need to measure is the shim heights are identical across the rockers

That's what I was trying to ask, finding it hard to put what I'm thinking into a question.

The two shims need to sit close to the same height on top of the valve hence the slotted shims are all 3mm thick and the flat shims are varying thickness. Did you do anything so the shims so they all sit at the same height seeing as they're all identical thicknesses?

no I measured all the old flat shims and they were all 3mm! bang on I think 2 0r 3 were 3.05mm

Surely the thickness of the old shims is irrelevant now that all the valves have been lapped? Unless your certain the machine took the same amount off each valve and seat?

Not trying to knock the build by the way, it's going to be some machine when it's done just asking out of my own curiosity

no worries dude :) i know its pretty irrelevant but i wanted to see if the head was previously all over the shop or reasonably straight and it seemed to be one of the best i have seen and measured. the valves were not lapped just cut hence why i checked them with the white spirit, i know they may not be perfect but the effects should be negligible so im not particularly worried.. i was but then i saw how many of the yanks do the mod and how many people just throw shims in without even checking them..

Not still, but I will be back. Filming at the theatre Sat eve but can be around Sat earlier for some shits and giggles.

-phone-

Early start Sat then but if its bum fun with tom tommy tommo its all gravy.

-phone-

Moar of this

ahyhy3e2.jpg

Reactions: edk
I can't make it Saturday so no Krispy Kreme shockers unfortunately.

:(

-phone-

True dat.

James is going anyway, I'll see if he can rep for the AOC too while he's there for MSC.

To be honest as long as I send off the booking form before the meeting we can still secure a place. Hally we good to send them money as usual?

Back
Top Bottom