srbryan N15 Pulsar VZR DP1

Went out for a bit this morning and powerwashed the tank
IMG_1836.JPG

IMG_1837.JPG

IMG_1838 (1024x768) (1024x768).jpg

Then cleaned and rinsed the inside as best as i could with petrol.
IMG_1839.JPG
IMG_1840.JPG
Then brought it in when it was dry and started wire brushing it
IMG_1842.JPG

Also got my d/s bride rail for the recaros so just need to source a p/s rail now.
IMG_1843.JPG

Wirebrushed the whole tank down and washed and degreased it.
IMG_1857.JPG

Then gave it a couple of coats of hammerite silver
IMG_1858.JPG

IMG_1859.JPG

Also removed the mani so could underseal all the ways as far as the engine bay and so i could swap in the fuji mani.
IMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1939.JPG

After a few days wirebrushing the underneath of the car primed any bare metal areas and masked off what i didnt want to underseal.
IMG_1943.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

IMG_1947.JPG

Also cleaned up any brackets that were underneath like the one for the exhaust and the tank
IMG_1949.JPG

Then undersealed from front to back including sills behind the sideskirts and inside the sills using a hose. What a messy job.
IMG_1948.JPG

IMG_1952.JPG

IMG_1953.JPG

Painted the fuel filler neck and put that back on aswell.

IMG_1959.JPG

Delighted with the results.
also replaced the fuel hoses on the tank before i put it back on again,
IMG_1957.JPG

Then started marking out where i need to drill the holes for the spoiler before i went in out of the baltic weather outside.
IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

Does the N1 spoiler cover the old holes or will you be welding the holes closed

Sent from my klte using Tapatalk

IMG_0185_zpsd7418fda.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0185_zpsd7418fda.jpg
IMG_0185_zpsd7418fda.jpg
[/IMG]

Short update tonight, got loads done but not many pics unfortunately.
Tank is up and bolted in place, Axle up and bolted in as it says to do in the manual, handbrake cables back on, heatshields on and brakes on and bled.
IMG_1967.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

IMG_1970.JPG

IMG_1971.JPG

Then double checked my marks and drilled the holes for the spoiler and mounted up so just need to spray it and it's good to go then.
IMG_1979.JPG

IMG_1980.JPG

Gonna give the brakes another bleed in the morning, double check all the bolts are tight and all connections are plugged and hopefully get it back on the ground and outside for a wash and back in again for a good machine polish.
Getting there slowly and surely.

Made another small burst this evening for an hour. Bled the brakes again and there is a serious pedal so happy about that will hopefully be good when running.
Stripped, cleaned and installed rear coilovers.
IMG_1981.JPG

Old vs New
IMG_1982.JPG

IMG_1983.JPG

IMG_1984.JPG

Then had to go out and meet a lad that bought my Rota sub-zeros and decided to call to a fella i knew that used to own a VZR and see if he had any parts lying about, and i managed to get Bride p/s rail to match the d/s one I have #delighted.
He still has a bride drivers rail if anyone is looking for one.
IMG_1986.JPG

I have a pair of DC5 Recaros that i'm going to put in tomorrow hopefully if i have the time and get the car rolling tomorrow.
IMG_1987.JPG

I'm starting to think that i don't want to drive the car. Bought 2 new wishbones and 2 new arb bushings for €40 on black friday so decided to drop the subframe and paint tht and tidy underneath the engine that way it will look perfect from front to back.

IMG_2004.JPG

IMG_2005.JPG

IMG_2006.JPG

What a pain in the arse it was to pop the bottom ball joint.
IMG_2007.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

Now my question is can the steering rack stay in the car if i drop the subframe or will it have to come out? and whats the best way of going about it.

Back
Top Bottom