Superdans Silver VVL GTi

Right...sunroof blanking plate is secured in place and fully sealed top and bottom, guess time will tell how good the seal will hold up but I'm very happy with it.

Now I can started buying some more goodies :D

Cheers
Daniel

I used tiger seal mate, fingers crossed it's a good seal, gonna do another layer tomorrow once it's had time to go off, so it's all go :D

Looked best with the 2 slat! ;)

Still one of my fave's on the site. Awesome cam cover colour too.

Cheers Steven :)

The 2 slat will be making a return once I get her back on the road, waynes respraying it for me, but there have been some complications due to it once being used as a mold to make copies, so he is pretty much having to rebuild it lol :D I always did love the look of it on tho.

Daniel

I know people that have removed the heater matrix from there car and linked the coolant pipes together, an have then had issues with over heating due to the coolant not having that extra distance to travel which also allows it to cool a little.

I'm looking into leaving the matrix in and disconnecting the main heater unit that bolts onto it, that way the coolant still gains from flowing though the interiour but the main bulk of the plastic unit well be removed, hope you understand what I mean lol can't really think how else I can explain it lol.

Cheers
Daniel

sounds like a plan, as tbh compared to the weight of the motor and fan, blower ducts and everything else your removing the matrix itself isn't too heavy.

what you going to use for demisting the windscreen?

Very true mate, I would have removed the unit which bolts to the matrix while the Dash was out but I didn't know it came of so easierly untill I sore a heater matrix for sale on eBay and then thought Hmmm and then the light bulb above my head turned on lol, gonne wait untill the new year to take it out, need to get my hands on a fidanza flywheel then I can get the box out and get my new stage 4 pressure plate and flywheel fitted together, so fingers crossed the new plate solves my slipping problems from earlier in the year :D

Either an old rag (lol) or I'll hard wire an electric demister behind the dash.

Daniel

I`ve bi-passed and removed the heater matrix.... i had no heat anyway. Fan blower etc still in.

Hmmm, what did you use to link the two hose Iain?

And you've had no issues what so ever relating to over heating?

You may have just convinced me to remove the lot mate.

Cheers
Daniel

need to get my hands on a fidanza flywheel then I can get the box out and get my new stage 4 pressure plate and flywheel fitted together, so fingers crossed the new plate solves my slipping problems from earlier in the year :D

Daniel

are you looking to buy new, or second hand?

as if it's newwe could maybe start a group buy as i'm looking to get a lightened fly too

Back
Top Bottom