Superdans Silver VVL GTi

I also had no heater matrix in the old N16 in bth QG and SR form with no problems Dan. Be a man, take it out and bare the ice cold winter weather :lol:

are you looking to buy new, or second hand?

as if it's newwe could maybe start a group buy as i'm looking to get a lightened fly too

sounds like a plan mate, I have the money ready and waiting and I'm shore there are a load of people that would be interested :D

I also had no heater matrix in the old N16 in bth QG and SR form with no problems Dan. Be a man, take it out and bare the ice cold winter weather :lol:

Be a man haha I have no heater blower/controls anyways so the heater matrix is usless anyways, just wanted to find out more info before I pulled it out, good to hear tho you and iain had no issues so stay tuned.

Question to Iain or anyone that knows....do you need to removed the strenghtening beam behind the dash to remove the full heater matrix or does it slip past?

Thanks lads
Daniel

Reactions: IT
Here ya go ya fukers....

165671_1744946381652_1178534879_2024807_7025914_n.jpg

148258_1744947941691_1178534879_2024817_1344288_n.jpg

Gonna get another tube of tiger-seal tommorrow so i can cover the inside of the blanking plate more and i beleave that'll seal the fuker 100%.

Looks abit messy on top but function over form :D It'll be getting booked in to have the roof wrapped in black vinyl once she's back on the road so it wont matter then anyways.

Cheers
Daniel

looks good dan, and the vinyl will add another layer of water protection to the sunroof area (and uv protection for the tigerseal too), not that i think you'll need it like as it looks like you've done a cracking job!

I would be chopping off all those studs that are pointing down next

I would also get some thin strips of metal to put up inside the lip of the plate to spread the force of the bolts you are using :)

lighter and lighter big boy, it makes me sad but happy at the same time that this car keeps getting better, you is doing it justice bro... love you

Thank you for all your nice comments lads :D

looks good dan, and the vinyl will add another layer of water protection to the sunroof area (and uv protection for the tigerseal too), not that i think you'll need it like as it looks like you've done a cracking job!

Thanks mate, that's my thoughts exactly :) won't be smooth smooth where it's covers the blank but once again function over form, and I'm shore it'll look great :D (fingers crossed lol)

I would be chopping off all those studs that are pointing down next

I would also get some thin strips of metal to put up inside the lip of the plate to spread the force of the bolts you are using :)

Do you mean the studs coming of the roof or the extra bit of the bolts sticking out where iv fixed the blank in place?

I'd did think about removing all the studs and other little bits but as one day I'm shore I may have to sale altho it'll be in many years I hope, I'd like to be able to take it back to standard if needed to, altho there is still loads of areas that are still to be lightend i.e. Battery, poly carb windows, heater matrix ect, all those will be coming soon. ;)

Looks like a good fit Blue...

Are you going to cover the inside with something?

You know how I'm good at filling a hole elliot ;)

All I'm gonna do is go abit crazy with some more tiger seal, want look pretty but it'll be effective :D

lighter and lighter big boy, it makes me sad but happy at the same time that this car keeps getting better, you is doing it justice bro... love you

Thanks merrrrt...
I'm creaking on ain't I lol, my mum and dad told me that for my christmas and birthday there gonna pay for my fidanza flywheel and re-map, kay's paid for the blanking plate and she is getting me a new lightend dry cell battery for my birthday so it's pretty much WIN WIN WIN, when she is back on the road in April she'll be a totaly differant beast. Just waiting to beat records ;) haha

hopes all is ok with the pulse, positive thoughts needed lol, save some money and then use that money to have fun buying some toys!!!!

Daniel

You know how I'm good at filling a hole elliot ;)

All I'm gonna do is go abit crazy with some more tiger seal, want look pretty but it'll be effective :D Daniel

I've heard you fill holes very well, as long as they are small ones..!

I was thinking some sort of blanking plate for the inside, maybe get your man to flock a piece of fibreglass or summat?

I mean all the bolts and studs that the sun roof would have been bolted too.

you could end up with some nice holes in your head otherwise.

and as for returning it to standard to sell it..... wheres the point in that who on earth is gonna want to buy an N15 in a few years,its a track car mate, you made my day already saying that... I lawled

also if you havnt I would get poly bushes for the rear beam they transform the car.

I've heard you fill holes very well, as long as they are small ones..!

I was thinking some sort of blanking plate for the inside, maybe get your man to flock a piece of fibreglass or summat?

But id be adding more weight doing that elliot lmao

I mean all the bolts and studs that the sun roof would have been bolted too.

you could end up with some nice holes in your head otherwise.

and as for returning it to standard to sell it..... wheres the point in that who on earth is gonna want to buy an N15 in a few years,its a track car mate, you made my day already saying that... I lawled

also if you havnt I would get poly bushes for the rear beam they transform the car.

haha true, i have other things in the pipe line at the moment but ill defo give it some consideration!

Cheers
Daniel

But id be adding more weight doing that elliot lmao

Daniel

Only a few ounces though...

It'd tidy it up a treat I reckon, that way you can be as generous with the sealing as you like.

You could maybe even stretch out a fabric roof liner...

But I suppose it depends on how tidy you want it to look :winkiss:

Well its been a while since iv been on here, so a little update.

She is back on the road on april 1st so i cant wait :D

Only mod iv done since last time really is my new battery :D

SAM_0519-1.jpg

SAM_0520-1.jpg

Catch you all later.
Daniel

Back
Top Bottom