Kitty the Red GTi

so we have passed MOT by the way, lets crack on with the bodywork and get things sitting nice again :)

i fitted the tyres onto the steelies again and fitted them, it looks so much better now even with the badly fitted extensions. also fitted 20mm spacers on the rear and it looks the dogs balls! but i had to take them off as i couldnt drive along a flat surface without the tyres scuffing the quarter lol. so i need to raise the back end a fraction and bend the "custom outward folded" arches to make more clearance. need to raise the car in general anyway as the autech skirts will take a beating if i dont.

just when things started to look up, inner cv boot drivers side has shat its load and the abs light has decided to come on. hope it not a sensor :(

well since datsun9292's car is coming out of the garage i think its time to start on mine.

the inner cv boot on the drivers side has since been replaced however the ABS light is still coming on and off time to time and i cannot get a fault code to display, only the usual "55: all clear". however i did get a MAF sensor fault flag up but there is no problems with the running of the car.

i bought new tyres from camskill - Toyo T1R's in 195/50/15 flavour this time - £159 delivered. Also bought new sliding pin seals for both sides as my passenger side seal is fucked - bought from biggred - part codes BRS2220145 and BRS2220100 priced at £3.90 each. Also bought new Firstline discs and Apec pads for the front as ive a warped disc, lesson learnt - buy standard solid vented discs. The EBC redstuff pads were good at the start while the run-in coating is on them but now about 10k miles later, from cold there is no bite even on heavy braking.

oh and ive a hole in the exhaust around a flange weld before the back box which will be getting welded up too. sounds very raspy though ;)

plans are.... well i cant say much as there will be a big change.

car is going up for some work tomorrow and friday, hopefully i will have

the rear arches cut and welded
the autech skirts on
the arch extensions on
ready for filler work to start

Ts taken me two days to read through all of this thread, and now you leave me like this! I've never been one for banded steelies, but it works and now I get it. Dying to see the latest work!

Back
Top Bottom