N16 DCi-R

looks neat funny enough we was going to buy one of these from ebay and fit it on my mates Seat Ibiza FR diesel. but he said it does not look that good on his car so we left it

Just wanted to get some opinions on a few ideas I've been playing with in Photoshop if that's ok with everyone! Honesty welcome! :rolleyes:

Lowered 30mm, rota subzero 16" bronze, tinted rear lights, debadged, clear repeaters.

testmods.jpg

Hmm, i love the car and the colour, and by lowering it the wheels now look like part of the car, if that makes sense. I never thought N16s look like the wheel arches fitted their wheels very well, but lowering certainly sorts that.

but i think it needs 17s. The wheels, i dont like the gold, what about white? mite contrast nicely with the grey. mite look shite too tho. i dunno. just my opinion. Can you get smoked side repeater s for the N16? ive never seen them if you can would be interested too, :p

Thank Stu, pretty keen on the colour myself :D

Yeah you can get smoked repeaters. Loads on ebay and part sites like nicedeals.co.uk. Tried white but wasnt too keen myself! Also been trying with loads of different wheels with gunmetal too, but sometimes it makes the car too monotonal. Totally agree with you on the arches. You could park a bus in those gaps, even more so in my previous N16 1.5 :O

edk said:
You could park a bus in those gaps,

Coilovers dude, i saved soooo hard for mine, and I dont regret i a bit. well sometimes. when im skint! hahaha :D, so that would be most of the time. u know what i mean tho so im gonna piss off and look for smoked side repeaters :p

lol The K Sport ones in the group buy forum, Paul is testing, and will be the ones I'm getting :D Will be awesome ;)

What's your ride quality like with coilovers and 17s then?

Eibach are the best springs for ride and handling. I have used them on my 3.0 Camry & Corolla with good results. They are progressive springs which means they are comfy over small bumps but become harder on cornering or hitting big bumps. They are also almost impossible to bottom out. We can supply at £131.75 + vat ( Retail is £155 + vat )

Regards

Dave Featherstone

Demon Tweeks

01978 663042

davef@demon-tweeks.co.uk

edk said:
lol The K Sport ones in the group buy forum, Paul is testing, and will be the ones I'm getting :D Will be awesome ;)

What's your ride quality like with coilovers and 17s then?

Its firm but not too firm, i find that cars lowered on just springs with standard shocks to have had harder ride quality. Im running my 15 inch alloys through the winter and i have to say there is much less road noise, and it is smoother, but to hell with it the 17s look far better!!

Nah that ride quality generally is excellent and the road holding is fantastic. I drive some pretty different cars of all shapes and sizes at work, and i have not found anything that is any noticably better or that i would trust more. i trust the car 100% and it just grips and grips. Its sooo much fun to drive, and its not the first time ive had some idiot on my bumper for no apparant reason and not backed off ot the next corner - he (or she) does the same and i go round the corner, they end up all over the white line and braking irratically. so its good for entertainment value too :p

But you get what you pay for at the end of the day.

when i bought mine people said that i was daft to be spending that sort of money on suspension, but the way i look at it is Im in the car loads, well less nowadays but anyway, and if i hadnt bought them i would always be wondering. As long as i can save, on future cars I will never have anything but coilovers, and KW's if they have the correct application.

Hows paul getting on with the 'TEST'? is their a thread/pics of his car etc?

sorry to hijack, hehe :p

Eesh no I was wrong Stu, it's Steven doing the testing :/ (sorry again Steven, and thanks for opting to test!) I think he'll have them in about 3 weeks.

Pic after a good ol' clean. Damn winter weather. I've got clear repeaters on since though and will be blackening the chrome grille, and getting a less instrusive tax disk holder.

Also, the misses' car in the background :rolleyes: She's a poor student so please forgive her! In the market for an S reg VW Polo in a few months. Anyone got one going? (I should really persuade her to get an N15 ;)

DSC03227web.jpg

Replaced gear knob with one from a Nissan Maxima. Original was all plastic. New one is leather and alloy. Would have got a Nismo one if not for having lift reverse :rolleyes:

Direct fit. Loads better quality as you can see. Cost £25 on ebay.

gk1.jpg
gk2.jpg

nice for 25 quid I got a razo mirror and a razo gear knob. I think my standard gear knob was plastic but you one looks like its had some really bad wear and tear on it

Back
Top Bottom