updates on the n14 vvl/ nos/ lsd project

Just a thought but have you thought about getting winding windows. You will be suprised how much a eletric motor weighs.

Instead of looking for the windy windows just going to go all out with the ightweight window kit - plastic/ lexan windows with sliders.

you gotta get some better driver skills tho man!!!
lol

Always practicing Stu, my time will come.

TAke up the sound deadening, jobs a good 'un ;)

Yes an option but how extreme do I go? It's not really going to be used on the road next year so cabing noise/ sound is not going to be an issue.

Hot air gun and a paint scraper is my choice. You don't end up denting and distorting panels then. You'd probably save 10kgs or so from doing that I would think. Window winders are a good idea too. Another few kgs per side. These are all cheap (or free) options to get weight down without payingbout for windows and carbon body panels.

If I was keeping it as a road car i would do the winding windows, but it's going to be just a 1/4 mile car next year so want to invest in the other stuff spook.
I aiming to beat what i believe is the fastest n/a sr20 N14. 13.14

How the hell he got this time I don't know but I am trying to track him down.

Spec below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stock20ve
n1 cams with custom cam gears
custom intake manifold with q45 tb
4" intake pipe with sr20ve afm fitted
custom 4-1 header
3" exhaust
Calum basic ecu
He does his own tuning

Drive train:

sr18 lsd tranny
ACT HD pp
stock clutch
Fidanza flywheel

Brakes and Suspension'
Stock brakes
Lowering springs with stock suspension

Stock 15" wheels

He races on some 23" slicks

The N14 is my friend's and he has pulled 13.14 seconds. Mods are: SR20VE with N1 cams, Calum Basic ecu, 4-1 header, 3" exhaust, Fidanza Flywheel, Custom intake. Fastest naturally aspirated Nissan in Jamaica.

JamwestSept22010.jpg

bl00d is his name the silver vzr NiZmo is also on here

[video=youtube;HluFw4qldbs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HluFw4qldbs[/video]

Nice work andy, it's coming on well. 13s hey! Your in my boat! At the minute I'm struggling to break the 12s only managing a 13.1. In need of a new clutch too as mine gave up at pod! Hope it's all going well.

I thought I'd sign up on here people seem to get stuck in on here and as we share engines there shouldn't be any problems :) . I'll get a post up about my car at some point when I got time!

Ben

Back
Top Bottom