Autech Pulsar GTi

Cowl induction I think would be the winner. I had a picture of a vintage race car where the bonnet had an inner skin on which acted like a giant scoop/airbox.You would have to put holes in the bonnet or an intake between the bonnet and grille. I'll try and find the picture as it better explains it.

knintake_zpsadbb8ffa.jpg
[/IMG]
knintake_zpsadbb8ffa.jpg

vemap_zpsb9e4eaa7.jpg
[/IMG]
vemap_zpsb9e4eaa7.jpg

would have to go map tune, but theres alot of v8 chevy commodores done something like that.

or maybe check out an "airaid" universal kit. plastic will handle engine temps a bit better.

Nearly what I had in mind. The one I saw had a large panel filter, almost where you'd expect to see a top mount intercooler on a Pulsar GTi-R, and that sealed against the inner skin of the bonnet. The front of the bonnet had a slot which fed the system with cold air from the front.
I don't see why you'd have to swap to MAP sensor though. Just run a MAF inline with the intake.

Odds are that Tyranosaurus had a cloaca rather than a penis. If it did have a penis it's just as likely it had two as one.

I'd stick with "whale", or "Henry The Hoover's badass uncle".

Either way, looks like you mean business Dale.

Yeah i agree with that David.

Im satisfied with my intake. It has a good 90mm cold air feed, the filter is shielded from engine heat, the exhaust is wrapped and also shielded and i have a thermal intake manifold spacer. Its 100% getting cold air.

The tubing going over the cam cover doesnt get hot, no more so than the heat soak you get on the intake manifold itself. The main thing is that cold air is entering at the air filter, i dont believe the air really has chance to warm up through the intake tube.

Unlikely dude.

Mapping session coming soon though!

Did a compression test the other day and maxxed out the 300psi gauge on each cylinder.
Would guess it has 350psi across the board judging by how far round the needle was going.

Ive just switched to the highport cam cover to gain some extra room for the intake pipe. The highport cover is not as tall as a VE cam cover. First attempt at installing this didnt go well and ended up with lots of blue smoke and oil consumption. Think ive figured it out now.AUTECH ENGINE.jpg 2014-08-04 17.30.55.jpg

Last edited:
Haha Yeah thanks must go to Sam for the tip on the highport cam cover. Will see how long it takes for him to persuade me into spending more money on a custom alloy intake pipe now.

Looking great Dale and good idea Sam with the valve cover. A fabricated pipe would just finish it off...In carbon though to prevent heat transfer ;) I've seen how hot my aluminium strut brace gets.
What you doing with the N1 valve cover.....:)

Back
Top Bottom