Autech Pulsar GTi

Great result with potential for more...... considering this is running a sensible sized / sounding exhaust.
I'm sure mine could have cracked 200whp with a 3" catback ( and maybe better header ), but i couldn't have lived with the extra noise.

Still clearly making great power up top D, header and intake combo working well. What did Hamish say about the build?

Ps never seen a HLM graph in lb-ft lol the volvo lads must get off on seeing NM

He had my old 186whp graph on screen and after the first pull shouted "what have you done to this?! Not bad for a bread van!" I think he liked it anyway haha and offered advice about how it would be losing power between 5500-6700rpm with how rich it is there.

Great result with potential for more...... considering this is running a sensible sized / sounding exhaust.
I'm sure mine could have cracked 200whp with a 3" catback ( and maybe better header ), but i couldn't have lived with the extra noise.

Yeah we're probably losing a bit of HP on a 2.25 exhaust.
Il probably go as far as decatting it and switching out the 2" backbox for a 2.25" version.

He wanted the power to be more midrange than top end I presume hence the smaller exhaust

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My old 3" system was too noisey for a daily NA car, hence running a smaller 2.25" system now.

This was nothing to do with midrange torque, a bigger exhaust after the header would make more power EVERYWHERE.
In fact No exhaust at all after the header makes the most power.

Thanks for that 3'' FTW ... when you say Daily... I assume driving to work? ... no compromise beast with 2nd shitbox daily ftw (Cough 3'' in progress ;) )

To be honest the whole point in ownership for me is to use the car as much as possible and enjoy it.
I know it works for some, but having a separate daily didnt really work for me. I found myself losing interest or paying too much attention maintaining the other daily car.

He wanted the power to be more midrange than top end I presume hence the smaller exhaust

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Is this how it all works? I had always thought (assumed) that bigger exhaust meant a more resposive throttle, across the entire range? I'm an amateur BTW, just just little enough knowledge to be dangerous.

Edit. - completely ignore this . I've just read response from Dale that worded perfectly, what I had thought. I also responded to a message without refreshing my browser, so hadn;t seen all the other replies since.

I much prefer mine. I have choice of 1l corsa, 1.4 diesel 65mpg 206 or mine averages 25mpg. Always pick mine, build it up to enjoy it and that's exactly what they should do when you get behind the wheel.

That looks seriously well Dale,very nice,i kind of like it without skirts :)
Get a tracker on it dude if you havn`t already,i don`t want to hear this one has gone missing.

Back
Top Bottom